Private Lessons for Technique
This is a perfect opportunity to work one on one with a faculty member. The teacher will hone in on your specific needs and design the whole lesson just for you. You don’t have to have a specific problem or focus to take private lessons, but it helps to talk to your teacher about your goals and keep an open line of communication. We offer technique private lessons in Ballet, Jazz, Acro and Tap.
- One Student: $40 per half hour
- Two Students: $30 per half hour
- Three Students: $25 per half hour
DS Member Savings – Buys 3 technique Private Lessons (1/2 hour), Get 1 (1/2 hour) FREE!
Private Lessons – Choreography
Policies for Private Lessons
- Any student applying for a Private Lesson must be currently enrolled in one weekly non-performing ballet class and the style of the Private Lesson you are applying for.
- Completing the application does not automatically ensure a Private Lesson. All Private Lessons are considered a privilege and are given at the discretion of the faculty. Decisions are based on the ability, effort, attendance, attitude of the student and their progress in their regular weekly classes.
- Dance Spectrum Competitive Students are invited to enter their Private Lessons into the competitions specified by the Dance Spectrum Faculty.
- Any Private Lesson must get the permission of the director before participating in any other competitive events as an independent entry. If permission is granted, understand a DS Faculty member is not required to attend.
- It is the responsibility of the student to retain the choreography given during rehearsals and clean up sessions. To aid in the education process, Parents are encouraged to video tape at the end of each session.
- Private Lessons will be suspended if Dance Spectrum accounts are not kept current and/or attendance policies are not maintained.
- ALL Private Lessons will be performing in the Private Lesson Showcase. (More Info TBA)
- Graduating Seniors will be invited to perform their Private Lessons in the Dance Spectrum Recitals.
- Any dancer who choses an outside choreographer to choreograph their solo, will be charge a higher private lesson fee.
Private Lessons Fees – Includes 6 hours
- Solo – $550
- Duet – $300 per dancer
- Trio – $225 per dancer
- Quartet – $175 per dancer
- 5 or more – $135 per dancer
**First half of your fee is due by the start of your rehearsal. The remaining balance is due 4 weeks later.**
Costume Deposits – $90 **This will be charged to your account and due by November 1, 2020**
Extra Rehearsal Time above and beyond the 6 hours will incur additional fees. Please refer to the Technique Private Lesson Information for extra rehearsal costs.